Montanans Against Assisted Suicide (MAAS) has been engaged in an ongoing dispute with the Montana Board of Medical Examiners regarding the validity of "Position Statement No. 20." The statement wrongfully implies that assisted suicide is legal in Montana.
On December 17, 2012, MAAS brought suit against the Board in Lewis and Clark County seeking judicial review, declaratory judgment and other relief. A copy of MAAS's petition can be viewed by clicking here. Attachments to that petition can be viewed by clicking here and here.
On June 5, 2013, the Board moved to limit the record on review to just two documents. MAAS responded by arguing that the record included the Board's entire record on Position Statement No. 20, beginning in September 2011 and ending on November 16, 2012. On June 20, 2013, Judge Mike Menahan agreed. A copy of his order can be viewed here.
Please consider a making a generous donation to keep legal assisted suicide and euthanasia out of Montana. $10 or $10,000, it all helps. To donate, please click here.
For more information, please contact Bradley Williams at 406 531 0937 or email@example.com
Hamilton Theater Protest
- Sign Our Petition!
- Judge Hears Assisted Suicide Arguments
- MAAS Wins First Round in Board Lawsuit!
- Contact us
- SB 202 Dead!
- Beware of Vultures
- Montana Lawyer Article
- Baxter Case Analysis
- A Short History of Assisted Suicide in Montana
- Laws Against Assisted Suicide are Constitutional
- The Oregon Studies are Invalid
- Charlton Letter to Physicians
- About Us
- Quick Facts About Assisted Suicide
- MAAS lawsuit will keep assisted suicide illegal
- What People Mean When They Say They Want to Die
- MAAS appeals Medical Examiner Board Lawsuit
- Compassion & Choices is the Hemlock Society
- A Message to our Supporters
- Bradley Williams Takes on Compassion & Choices
- Increased Reports of Involuntary Deaths
- Rapist charged with "aiding or soliciting suicide"
- Hamilton Theater Protest
- The "Oregon Experience" includes Murder-Suicide