A big thanks to Bradley Williams and to everyone else who worked so hard to defeat SB 220, which had sought to legalize Oregon-style assisted suicide in Montana!
Yesterday, February 13, 2013, the bill was defeated and then tabled in the Senate Judiciary Committee's executive session.
The vote to defeat SB 220 was 7 to 5.
The vote to table the bill was 9 to 3.
Way to go!!!!
* For a legal and policy analysis of the defeated bill, see this link: http://maasdocuments.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/mt-no-on-sb-220_0011.pdf
* * To view the bill's information page, go here.
Hamilton Theater Protest
- Judge Hears Assisted Suicide Arguments
- MAAS Wins First Round in Board Lawsuit!
- Contact us
- SB 202 Dead!
- Beware of Vultures
- Montana Lawyer Article
- Baxter Case Analysis
- A Short History of Assisted Suicide in Montana
- Laws Against Assisted Suicide are Constitutional
- The Oregon Studies are Invalid
- Charlton Letter to Physicians
- About Us
- Quick Facts About Assisted Suicide
- MAAS lawsuit will keep assisted suicide illegal
- What People Mean When They Say They Want to Die
- MAAS appeals Medical Examiner Board Lawsuit
- Compassion & Choices is the Hemlock Society
- A Message to our Supporters
- Bradley Williams Takes on Compassion & Choices
- Increased Reports of Involuntary Deaths
- Rapist charged with "aiding or soliciting suicide"
- Hamilton Theater Protest
- The "Oregon Experience" includes Murder-Suicide