On April 6, 2012, attorney Craig Charlton wrote Dr. George Risi and Dr. Stephen Speckart requesting a retraction of their solicitation letter encouraging other doctors to engage in assisted suicide contrary to state law.
The letter was sent via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested and Regular U.S. Mail. To date, neither Dr. Risi nor Dr. Speckart have responded. A web version of the letter is set forth below. For the original print version, click here.
Dear Dr. Risi and Dr. Speckart:
I represent Montanans Against Assisted Suicide & For Living with Dignity. We are in receipt of the enclosed letter signed by you, which was mailed to doctors in Montana. I am putting you on notice that the letter exists, that it has been widely distributed, and that the letter has false and misleading information.
Pages to show
- Fight Over Assisted Suicide Moves Back to Court
- Baxter Case Analysis
- Montana Lawyer Article
- SB 220 Defeated!
- About Us
- Laws Against Assisted Suicide are Constitutional
- Quick Facts About Assisted Suicide
- The "Oregon Experience" includes Murder-Suicide
- The Oregon Studies are Invalid
- Legal Assisted Suicide Puts the Government in Your Life
- Sign Our Petition!
- Contact us
- A Short History of Assisted Suicide in Montana
- What People Mean When They Say They Want to Die
- Charlton Letter to Physicians