On April 6, 2012, attorney Craig Charlton wrote Dr. George Risi and Dr. Stephen Speckart requesting a retraction of their solicitation letter encouraging other doctors to engage in assisted suicide contrary to state law.
The letter was sent via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested and Regular U.S. Mail. To date, neither Dr. Risi nor Dr. Speckart have responded. A web version of the letter is set forth below. For the original print version, click here.
Dear Dr. Risi and Dr. Speckart:
I represent Montanans Against Assisted Suicide & For Living with Dignity. We are in receipt of the enclosed letter signed by you, which was mailed to doctors in Montana. I am putting you on notice that the letter exists, that it has been widely distributed, and that the letter has false and misleading information.
Hamilton Theater Protest
- Judge Hears Assisted Suicide Arguments
- MAAS Wins First Round in Board Lawsuit!
- Contact us
- SB 202 Dead!
- Beware of Vultures
- Montana Lawyer Article
- Baxter Case Analysis
- A Short History of Assisted Suicide in Montana
- Laws Against Assisted Suicide are Constitutional
- The Oregon Studies are Invalid
- Charlton Letter to Physicians
- About Us
- Quick Facts About Assisted Suicide
- MAAS lawsuit will keep assisted suicide illegal
- What People Mean When They Say They Want to Die
- MAAS appeals Medical Examiner Board Lawsuit
- Compassion & Choices is the Hemlock Society
- A Message to our Supporters
- Bradley Williams Takes on Compassion & Choices
- Increased Reports of Involuntary Deaths
- Rapist charged with "aiding or soliciting suicide"
- Hamilton Theater Protest
- The "Oregon Experience" includes Murder-Suicide