On Monday, December 17, 2012, MAAS filed a new lawsuit against the Montana Board of Medical Examiners.
The lawsuit is a response to the Board's order entered on November 16, 2012 refusing to vacate Position Statement No. 20. The lawsuit's claims include that the statement is invalid because it was adopted "without statutory authorization, . . . outside the Board's subject matter jurisdiction and/or because it is an infringement on the role of the Legislature."
The petition for the lawsuit can be viewed by clicking here. The attachments to that petition can be viewed by clicking here and here.
Hamilton Theater Protest
- Judge Hears Assisted Suicide Arguments
- MAAS Wins First Round in Board Lawsuit!
- Contact us
- SB 202 Dead!
- Beware of Vultures
- Montana Lawyer Article
- Baxter Case Analysis
- A Short History of Assisted Suicide in Montana
- Laws Against Assisted Suicide are Constitutional
- The Oregon Studies are Invalid
- Charlton Letter to Physicians
- About Us
- Quick Facts About Assisted Suicide
- MAAS lawsuit will keep assisted suicide illegal
- What People Mean When They Say They Want to Die
- MAAS appeals Medical Examiner Board Lawsuit
- Compassion & Choices is the Hemlock Society
- A Message to our Supporters
- Bradley Williams Takes on Compassion & Choices
- Increased Reports of Involuntary Deaths
- Rapist charged with "aiding or soliciting suicide"
- Hamilton Theater Protest
- The "Oregon Experience" includes Murder-Suicide
- Sign Our Petition!
- Sign our Petition Online!